Our all-natural solutions for skin maintenance and rejuvenation begin with a proprietary process combining high quality botanicals and essential oils. Although we use a variety of ingredients, there are 3 primary ingredients across our solutions we would like to introduce you to. Aronia Berry, Willow Bark, and Neem Oil.
- Also known as Aronia melanocarpa, has many proposed health benefits. It contains high levels of phenolic acids and polyphenolic flavonoids and displays antioxidative and anti-inflammatory effects. Antioxidants scavenge the free radicals present in the skin to prevent DNA damage that may lead to skin cancer. Although limited to animal studies, Aronia berry extract has been shown to reduce UVB-Induced skin damage.
- A 2015 review in Food Technology & Biotechnology noted that previous research had found Aronia berries to have the highest polyphenol content of 143 plants. Polyphenols are diverse plant-based chemicals that may help alleviate skin disorders as a result of it’s ability to kill germs and fight inflammation
- Contains other vitamins and nutrients that support healthy skin such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Folate, Iron, and Zinc.
- Contains Salicin, the natural source of salicylic acid, a popular skin-care ingredient. Salicin is a natural exfoliant that will reduce the signs of aging and rejuvenate the skin. It will also reduce irritation and inflammation in severe acne conditions.
- Contains Tannins, astringents that tighten skin and help to reduce the size of skin pores. They also reduce blackheads and whiteheads by controlling excess oil production.
- Contains flavonoids that protect skin from damage caused by UV rays from the sun. Prolonged exposure to UV rays may lead to premature signs of aging such as hyperpigmentation and wrinkles due to oxidative stress.
- Neem trees grow primarily in the Indian subcontinent. The fruits and seeds are the source of Neem oil. Neem oil contains fatty acids, antioxidants, and antimicrobial compounds that can benefit the skin in numerous ways. Research suggests these compounds may help treat acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Neem Oil may also be effective in treating symptoms of skin aging like, wrinkles, skin thickening, skin redness, water loss.
- Thin skin and the formation of wrinkles can be contributed to a decrease in Collagen and elastin over time. Neem Oil has been shown to boost these enzymes to give the skin structure and shape respectively.
Individually, these ingredients each offer the potential for significant benefits to skin maintenance and rejuvenation. As a collective, they are a powerhouse trio of potent antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and enzymes offering improved skin health and a reduction in the signs of aging.