Supporting Food Security in America
What is “Food Security”?
Access, at all times, to enough food for an active, healthy life for all household members.
How Many People Lived in Food-Insecure Households?
- 38.3 million people lived in food-insecure households.
- 9.4 million adults lived in households with very low food security.
- 6.1 million children lived in food-insecure households in which children, along with adults, were food insecure.
- 584,000 children (0.8 percent of the Nation's children) lived in households in which one or more child experienced very low food security.
How will Sprii Beauty partner in efforts to fight food insecurity in America?
At Sprii Beauty, our passion for people extends beyond our relationship to your daily skin health routine. We also strive to be a valued partner in delivering solutions to America’s food security challenges. Thus, a percentage of sales will be donated to qualified local non-profit organizations working to ensure more people have access, at all times, to enough food for an active, healthy life.
- The Patachou Foundation serves over 75,000 scratch-made meals for kids annually and fights the root causes of hunger in our community.
- Since 2013, The Patachou Foundation has prepared and served daily meals and learning experiences for children to increase their awareness of and excitement about food. Every menu is planned with kids’ voices at the center.
- The Patachou Foundation is committed to a radically different and radically better hunger relief model - one that addresses both immediate needs and root causes. This means the Foundation:
- Educates youth about cooking skills, food literacy, and healthy habits - including hosting more than 150 youth at interactive farm field trips in 2021
- Empowers teens through a paid workforce development program to break the cycle of poverty through employable skills and certifications in the food system
- Equips schools to fight hunger from inside the cafeteria and create community-centered, sustainable solutions to school food